1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow drops quite hard

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Pristine PM ltd, Dec 8, 2005.

1. Pristine PM ltd

Pristine PM ltd PlowSite Veteran

Hi guys, I just had a quick question. How hard should your plow drop? I just picked up a new 810 and it seems to be way to hard to me. I am worried it will damage the roadways.

2. Mark Witcher

Mark Witcher Senior Member

You will not damage the road. But you can adjust the drop rate. Look in your manual for direction.
  3. grassmanvt

grassmanvt Senior Member
    from Vermont

There is a knob under that plastic cover in the pump/valve area. Infinitely adjustable to your hearts desire.

TRUE TURF LAWN Senior Member

faster the better if you ask me.
  5. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

You're right not to hard but hard enough to fling the snow off. An old wise tail..they say a cold cutting edge can snap being slammed too hard. I don't think so but a fast drooping blade can cut off your foot and most likely scare the 5hit out most people when you do drop it to fill up with gas.:eek:
  6. danno

danno Senior Member

Yeah, thats funny to watch people head`s turn, like they just heard a head on collision!!:D
  7. Jpocket

Jpocket Senior Member

Hard as posible so youget a clean scrape
  8. I used to do it to people in drive thrus waiting for my coffee!LOL All u see is them turning around and looking to see what the hell it was!!!!!!LOLLOLLOLLOL