1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow drops, please help

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by northwoods, Dec 11, 2008.

1. northwoods

northwoods Junior Member

I have a few issues with my 8.2 v plow. I put a new motor in it this year.If I leave the plow raised and shut the truck off some times when I start the truck the plow will go into float and it drops. This does not happen every time I start the truck.

My center button on my hand held controller is coming off. Can I buy just the pad?

I also have a 10 amp fuse blowing. The only change I made this year is the new motor. I have back up lights installed with a toggle switch and when I have them on for a little while ( 15 min. to 1/2 hour) I blow a fuse that shuts down the plow.
  2. the new boss 92

the new boss 92 2000 Club Member

are you running two batteries? you might not have enought juice to power everything? could be as small and dumb as that!
  3. northwoods

northwoods Junior Member

yes, 2 batteries. 05 GMC 2500 HD DIESEL
  4. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

yes you can buy the rubber pad ,for the new and old style hand held .
  5. northwoods

northwoods Junior Member

DoI have to go through a dealer or can I get it on line ? Does anyone happen to know the part # for it ?