1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow dropping

Discussion in 'SNO-PRO PLOW AND ACCESSORIES by Curtis' started by Easy, Dec 6, 2007.

1. Easy

Easy Senior Member

My Curtis Sno Pro 300 drops as I drive, so every 5 min. or so I have to raise it. I had this trouble last year, and it was repaired at the dealer. Can anyone tell me the reason for this? I just had the fluid changed about 3 weeks ago, and it just started to drop today. Any quick fixes out there??

Thanks Don
  2. bribrius

bribrius PlowSite.com Addict

sell it and buy a fisher. problem fixed.

other than fluid issues i couldnt begin to guess.

DAFFMOBILEWASH PlowSite.com Addict

Relief valve leaking down. Usually the o ring which has got a small nick in it. The same valve you would adjust the fall rate of the plow when you hit the down switch.

Haven't had this issue with a Curtis but it happened to my Myers a few seasons ago.

4. tc21

tc21 Member

check the manual online. I think they say, in the trouble shooting section, that it's the relief valve.
  5. Easy

Easy Senior Member

Thanks for the replies, I am going back to the dealer, I just had the oil changed, and the lift cylinder replaced. Maybe dirt in the oil of something in the new cylinder could have caused this.