1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow dropping while up

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by MSplowing, Jan 11, 2011.

1. MSplowing

MSplowing Member
    from Indiana

I have a meyer E47 with the blade up going down the road it drops slowly and i have to hit the up switch about every 5 minutes? It isnt leaking fluid anywhere, any ideas?
  2. kyleag89

kyleag89 Junior Member

Im not 100% sure but I think you need to replace the packing cup on the bottom of the piston.
  3. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

good call kyle. could also be the oring under the cylinder. could also be debris in the A valve.

more than likely in the cylinder. if the oring is bad you will know when you take it out. the oring and packing cup will come together in a meyer master seal kit.
  4. kyleag89

kyleag89 Junior Member

Its also a very easy repair. I just took my pump apart yesterday(first time I have ever done this) and replaced the o-rings that were leaking. Took about 20 mins that included cleaning and inspecting everything.
  5. wildplow

wildplow Member

im having the same issue....but as soon as i noticed the issue this last snow storm of the blade dropin slowly i took a look and found that the top shaft seal is leaking, will the top seal being bad cause it to drop or am i facing the same issue as above too....
  6. kyleag89

kyleag89 Junior Member

The top seal has nothing to do with the plow falling down. Like mentioned above replace the seals on the bottom its very easy. Most hardware stores will have the O-rings you need.
  7. BillO

BillO Junior Member

I was just on the Meyer website they have a tab for tech support and their service and trouble shooting manuals look pretty good