1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow dropping way too fast

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by jcyonker, Oct 24, 2009.

1. jcyonker

jcyonker Member

Just purchased a Wideout and it drops like a rock, when I hit the down button. I am sure that it is in the manual on how to adjust that, I just thought I could get a simpler, faster solution from other Western users. Thanks.

2. Bruce'sEx

Bruce'sEx Senior Member

3. jcyonker

jcyonker Member

Thank you!

4. twcharles184

twcharles184 Junior Member

mine won't drop at all. Any Suggestions? It goes up, left, and right fine but not down. Please help. Thanks

5. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

angle the plow all the way to the right.stand on the drivers side of the truck. STAND CLEAR OF THE PLOW, and unplug the 12 pin plug. plug it back in and wiggle it around. try to drop it now.
    go down? if no make sure controller is plugged in all the way. all wires in the plugs in right?
    next is to check for magnetizm at the coils. one should be magnetized while in the float position.

his second post and already hijacked a thread.:nono:

6. jcyonker

jcyonker Member

Maybe you can explain what hijacking a thread is so we know? Just trying to get info from this site!

7. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

you asked a question in your thread, then someone else jumps in with a question of his own, thus leading answers away from your question. not a big deal, just amusing.

8. jcyonker

jcyonker Member

Ok, I understand now. I am new to this thread thing. Thanks for the info!

9. twcharles184

twcharles184 Junior Member

hahaha. Thats funny. Im sorry!!!! haha Didn't mean to!!!

10. dlstelma

dlstelma Member
    from GR, MI

Have you tried turning the quill adjustment the other way to get the plow to drop?

11. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

You've already gotten the answer from the guys up above but one important thing to note is that the quill will not need to be adjusted very much. Just a slight turn will do the trick.

12. jcyonker

jcyonker Member

Ok, thanks for the info. Hopefully I will have time this weekend to mess with it.

13. ultimateinc

ultimateinc Senior Member

not sure if its what the other guys were talking about but there is a little screw you can adjust on the pump slight turn works no lead is very knowledgeable about westerns :nod:

14. wideout

wideout Senior Member
    from iowa

the quill is on the right side under the plastic cover

15. wideout

wideout Senior Member
    from iowa

the quill is on the drivers side under the plastic cover

16. GatorDL55

GatorDL55 Senior Member

for the plow that isn't dropping - make sure there is no corrosion on your 12 pin plug. that would prevent it from making contact and dropping