1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow down speed asjustment?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by andcon83, Dec 19, 2009.

1. andcon83

andcon83 Senior Member

Here is my new/used truck I purchased and the new plow. I havent plowed with it yet. The day I picked it up I also went and did some Christmas shopping. When I park, I drop the plow. This new plow goes down so fast, it actually bounces off the pavement. Is there any adjustment for this? It just seems kind of hard on things. If you just touch the down button, only wantin to drop it an inch or two instead of engaging the float, it drops about 6" or more. Thanks for any help!!!

IMG_0191.jpg

2. mc1

mc1 Senior Member

should be on the top of the pump or vavle body cant remember but it will be a screw with a slot on top left or right will either speed up or slow down

3. mc1

mc1 Senior Member

forgot add its called a "quill"

4. andcon83

andcon83 Senior Member

It doesn't change the speed of the rest of the plow does it? I only ant to change the down.

5. andcon83

andcon83 Senior Member

oh, haha...when all else fails read the manual....what a dummy I am. Never had a manual for a plow before.

6. 2tonsoffordfun

2tonsoffordfun Member
    from Maine

nice looking truck. looks familiar, where are you located?

7. cubanb343

cubanb343 Senior Member
    from ERIE

did you find the quill yet? mine dropped like a bomb too when i first put it on. I had to tighten the screw a couple turns so it wouldn't chip the concrete..

NICE TRUCK AND PLOW by the way!

8. andcon83

andcon83 Senior Member

I did find the quill. Bet I turned it in two turns. Still hits hard, but doesnt do it in a half of second. Thanks for the compliments, I don't really want to plow with it. I'm gonna cry the first snow covered branch I drive through.

I am located in Brownville. Just got the truck from Varneys GMC in Bangor. They put the plow on for me as well. Maybe you see it there?

9. GMCHD plower

GMCHD plower PlowSite.com Addict

Very nice...Im also from Maine. The bangor area.

10. Pinzgauer

Pinzgauer Senior Member
    from Vermont

I had to basically completely shut the screw to keep the plow from dropping like a rock.

11. campkd6

campkd6 Senior Member

I had to turn it about five turns I think. Finished putting it together at midnight and backed it out of the garage to try it and ended up waking up the wife and the neighbors.. Lol

12. creativedesigns

creativedesigns PlowSite.com Addict

Turn ur Quill screw another couple times. It should just coast down smoothly!

AND I really like your new truck & plow combo. If it were for sale again I'd buy it! lol :)

13. andcon83

andcon83 Senior Member

I've had to adjust it a couple of times the past few storms to get it just right. I love the whole set-up. Plows really well.

14. timboy

timboy Member
    from Ny

I usually screw the quill in all the way and then back it 1/2 to 3/4 turn.