1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow dolly

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by zman300, Nov 30, 2009.

1. zman300

zman300 Member

New guy here.
    Well not new to plowing but new to BOSS plows.

Been using Western plows for about 20 years, no real problems.
    Bought a new used 06 F250 this summer and it came with a 9' 2" BOSS V plow.

With my Westerns I built dolly's so I could move them around the shop if needed.
    Not sure if the same type of dolly will work on the V plow.:help:
    Anyone make a dolly for their BOSS plow.

Thanks!!!

2. cameo89

cameo89 Senior Member

not sure due to Boss V dont use a kick stand, was ur western blades a V? Im pretty sure B&B could answer this question for you, but hey go out and try in drop it on ur dolly! Welcome 2 the Boss family

3. zman300

zman300 Member

Western's were straight blade.
    I'll come up with something.

4. metallihockey88

metallihockey88 PlowSite.com Addict

go out and get a pallet and a pallet jack. my plow guy uses that to move all the plows at his shop and he talked me into gettin it for my setup. i must say, best investment ive made. used those cheap 3piece dolleys last year and kept breaking wheels on cracks in my drive. the pallet jack makes it so easy to hook up and remove the plow, the pallet jack puts it right at the height you need. it works awesome. i found a used jack on craigslist for $50 bucks.

5. Deco

Deco Senior Member

6. zman300

zman300 Member

7. Deco

Deco Senior Member

anytime partner ussmileyflag

besides , their casters are cheap.

8. Deckscapes

Deckscapes Senior Member

We use a pallet jack to move all of our plows around the shop...works on both V-blades and straight blades

9. snocrete

snocrete Banned

X's 2 on this.....I bought one new for $200

10. w4hyi

w4hyi Member

pallet jack is the best I found one that fell out of a box truck with its door open in front of me at a stop light a few years ago

11. JK-Plow

JK-Plow Senior Member

Northern hydrolics sells dolly's for plows (including Boss V). One buddy of mine uses the pallet system then moves it with his hy-lo at his shop.

12. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

13. jrjr2u

jrjr2u Senior Member

14. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

The Princess Auto price is in Canadian dollars, but thats still a good $10 difference. Nice find.