1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow dolly

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by earl964, Nov 20, 2007.

1. earl964

earl964 Member

Has anyone made their own plow dolly out of wood that would have some pictures they could post ?

2. blazemaeko

blazemaeko Junior Member
    from CT

The snowmobile dolly from Northern Tool works great just need to use a jack for the frame end so you can adjust the height to line everything up.

3. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

I use those 1000 lbs dolly made for moving furniture that you get from home depot. I only need one. I position the plow on the it and can wheel the thing all around the shop with ease. Only cost me $20. cheap, but very effective..

4. kashman

kashman PlowSite.com Addict

do you use your shoes for the plow if not get some caster wheels put them on them ez way 2 move the plow

5. Indy

Indy Senior Member

same idea here. I went to a hardware store and they had a box of 3 small carts (made ro snow mobiles and said it would hold 1000# for $24

2 have notches for the blade and one is flat for the stand (just put rubber on is and your good to go, keeps is from sliding if you hit a crack in the floor)