1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow dolly

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by NEUSWEDE, Mar 9, 2006.

1. NEUSWEDE

NEUSWEDE Senior Member

Wondering what people use for plow dollys?

Where do I get those Snowmobile dollys I see people using?

2. Grunt0311

Grunt0311 Member

I made a set for cheaper that you can buy, and that are a lot heavier duty. If you are intersted, I can email pics and materials list.

Bill

3. NEUSWEDE

NEUSWEDE Senior Member

Bill, e-mail me some pictures lippoldd@yahoo.com

Thanks

4. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

Hi Bill same here flykelley930@aol.com

Thanks Mike

5. Frostysnow

Frostysnow Senior Member
    from oh

bill- id appreciate pics/list 2 its that time of the year again and could use a way to move my plow around thanks

6. Buddhaman

Buddhaman Senior Member

7. Grunt0311

Grunt0311 Member

pics sent. Let me know u got them. Frosty, if u post email addy, I will email to you as well. We are all here to help eachother right!!??

8. PlowVA

PlowVA Senior Member

check out the snowmobile dolly on www.Northerntool.com

http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/NTESearch?storeId=6970&N=0&Ntk=All&Ntt=snowmobile%20dolly&Nty=1&D=snowmobile%20dolly&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Dx=mode+matchallpartial

They are like $25. You get three dollys. Two with the skid indent (perfect for the cutting edge to sit on) and a flat thrid one for the stand or whatever. They hold a lot of weight too. Lots cheaper than other plow dollys I have seen. Depends on how heavy your plow setup is, but check it out! wesport

9. Grunt0311

Grunt0311 Member

One thing I can say about those snowmobile dollies from personal experience, is they don't hold up! They may be rated for 1500lbs, but when you let gravity drop 800lbs on them, they fold like pretzels after a while. I had a set, lasted a year, and went to the grave yard. That is why I made my own. I just dont want anyone to waste any of the little money they earned during this dismal winter!

Bill

10. POWERBAND

POWERBAND Member

I want my dolly

For the past few years I've been using an engine hoist / cherry picker instead of dolly wheels. It is so easy to use it's great. I can drive up til the hoist chain touches the plow lift chain and drop the plow. To install I just lift the boom until the plow is at perfect height and it's ready!.

Paid @ 100.oo, I bought it at one of those tool shows that sells all that stuff made in Chinese childrens prison factories. - Homers or someting. For that price I can afford to leave it out all winter.

PB :cool:

11. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

Hi Bill Got your email. You are correct I have a set of bent snowmobile dolly's in my garage right now.

Thanks Mike

12. NEUSWEDE

NEUSWEDE Senior Member

I found a set of snowmobile dollies for cheap today, so I got them, if that last through the summer I will be happy. Once I decide on a welder I am going to make a custom one!

13. Scottish Lscape

Scottish Lscape Member

Have any of you guys used plow pushers? I just picked up a new storage area and I need something to more the plows around on

plowpush.jpg