1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow dolly

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Boutallnite, Nov 23, 2005.

1. Boutallnite

Boutallnite Senior Member

I wanted to get a dolly so I can move the plow around the garage, so its not in the middle of it. I found this product http://www.plowdolly.com/. Has anyone ever used this or is there a better one ?

2. EJK2352

EJK2352 Senior Member

My friend has a set up like that, he loves them. He can unhook plows and wheel them around by himself. I keep my plow outside so I have no need for a dolly.

3. MIAWPUKEK

MIAWPUKEK Senior Member

make one

You can custom make any dolly you want, all you need some wheels and couple pieces of wood. Thats what I did, I used 4x4 for strenght, cause I can only drop my blade, not slowly lower it, and it works perfect.

4. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

I made one out of wood as well. I used toolbox caster wheels. You can order the wheels in a set of four from Sears I used toolbox casters for their ability to carry wieght. I used 2x6 and 2x4's.

It is a basic square about 42" x 24" with wheels at corners. Stands about 6inchs from the floor. I can set my older Western conventional right on it unhook and roll away. I also push it up so it sets on the moldboard edges and have it standing up. Is much easier to move around and hook up by myself. My Boss plow is to much for it as the lights and pump come off with the plow, but with that leg it stands up nice I just put it as far in as I can so there is still room to walk around the truck.

If I ever break down and buy a digital camera I will post some pics. Knowing me though I will just borrow one from sister inlaw over the holidays.

5. Boutallnite

I am thinking of builidng one. I was just trying to figure out if the cost difference will be worth the time. I will probably start building it this weekend. If I have any time left from changing the cutting edge.

6. Frozen001

Frozen001 Senior Member
    from Rome NY

Don't the wheels make the plows harder to mount??? I know with the ultra-mount and the Fisher MM1 or MM2 there is some force needed to get the plow all the way in the brackets. I know a guy with a MM2 and with his homemade dolly it takes him forever to get the plow on because he have to fight to get the mount all the way in the bracket.

7. Ice Scream

Ice Scream Member

Built a drive-up shed that I can self align the truck to my old plow, I have to reconfigure it for my new one...

8. wddodge

wddodge Member

I used the snowmobile dolly from Northerntools.com. Two of the dollys have a crease in them the edge of the blade sets in and on the third dolly I cut out the center and mounted a cheap bottle jack to adjust the A frame height. I got about $40 invested in it and it works great.

Denny

9. Boutallnite

10. Runner

Runner Senior Member

That's too funny! Man, Talk about a PRICE difference! Good find!:redbounce

11. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

Holly Cow, you aint kiddin'! Thats and insane difference! payup