1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow dolly ?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by rochester, Mar 14, 2001.

1. rochester

rochester Junior Member

New to the game. Just bought my 1st plow today, 7.5' Western. My question is, does western or any other company make a dolly for a plow? I would like to set my unimount plow down on the dolly when I disconect in the garage then wheel the plow out of the way. Also, it would seem this would make conecting very easy.

2. Fine Lines Lawn

Fine Lines Lawn Member

Plow dolly

I used to store my plows on shids when not in use and move them around with a skid jack. However, mounting and dismounting with skids involved was dificult because of truck/plow height differences. I discovered this spring that a skid jack will go under the plow when dismounted without a skid and there is no more problem. Used skid jacks can commonly be found for $100.-$200.

3. Rob

Rob PlowSite.com Veteran

I have one and think its a good idea, much easier to roll it around than drag it iin the garage.
    There was a whole discussion on this topic just a couple of days ago, do a search or go onto the next page of posts (or so) and you should see it. It has the "Plow Dolly" title.

HTH,

4. Rooster

Rooster Member
    from Kansas

5. Jason Pallas

Jason Pallas Senior Member

They're excellent ideas!!!!!