1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow dolly ?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by vmj, Sep 4, 2014.

1. vmj

vmj Senior Member
    from conn

just bought a dxt V Was wondering if you can put this plow on a dolly, and how..? When I purchased the plow I had it put in back of truck on a skid, when I went to hook up to it I had a hard time hooking up... Im figuring skid is about same height as a set of casters... Thanks..

2. JustJeff

JustJeff 2000 Club Member

3. CowboysLC_DE

CowboysLC_DE Senior Member

I bought the caster wheels and am very pleased with there operation. I believe they came in around $150, I take my plow off after every storm so it is more than worth it.

Michael

4. gc3

gc3 Senior Member

The height it's removed from the truck is the exact height it has to go back on to line up smoothly

5. derekslawncare

derekslawncare PlowSite.com Addict

I had a dolly fabbed up at my local exhaust shop out of a piece of u channel. Had to put floor Jack under plow Mount and raise truck slightly when used in my F250. Works perfectly with my F550 w/o Jack.

6. vmj

vmj Senior Member
    from conn

plow was put on skid with truck... but had hard time hooking back into truck when I took it out of bed of truck when I got home...

7. SHAWZER

SHAWZER PlowSite.com Addict

My floor jack fits under my v-blade , rolls easy where ever I want it . Not sure if this will work for dxt v-blade .

8. bolake

bolake Senior Member

9. CowboysLC_DE

10. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

Here's the Boss Dolly kit, I believe you also need to have the Feet kit too for the Dolly's to slip into Feet Brackets.
    http://www.bossplow.com/products/accessories/truck-plows

11. bolake

bolake Senior Member

Thanks for the information

12. maxwellp

maxwellp PlowSite.com Addict

PLOW DOLLY WHEELS

Ideal for moving your plow around in the garage or service bay, these dolly wheels utilize existing shoe holders on the blade and make moving the plow a breeze. These heavy duty wheels feature steel ball bearings for smooth movement and long-lasting life. Separate kits are available for Straight-Blades and Power-V Blades. Excludes Power-V DXT, Sport-Duty, Skid Steer and 10' Straight-Blade plows.
    Caster Kit, Straight-Blade MSC09215
    Caster Kit, Power-V MSC09216
    Phone: (800) 286-4155

13. vmj

vmj Senior Member
    from conn

I called BOSS and they are in the process of having one for the DXT....

My question is, if u put them on plow first..... what happens when u lower plow and it has a quick drop...?

14. CowboysLC_DE

I guess that's a good question, but I have my "drop" at stock pressure/speed. If your drop is too fast you're going to end up breaking something while plowing anyway, imo.

Michael

15. vmj

vmj Senior Member
    from conn

I just bought the dxt.. I have to adjust it for a slower drop.... but im still concerned about it if the system for the casters is the same... I always tried to drop my fisher slow and a low drop onto the dolly but there were times when it hit hard.....

16. CowboysLC_DE

I normally press the down button for a second and release. I have to repeat 4 or 5 times before the back wheels are on the ground, then I drop it the rest.

Michael

17. vmj

vmj Senior Member
    from conn

hope they come out with the one for the dxt soon..... I really need a dolly.... don't want to have to leave it outside and hook up every time it snows...

18. therabbittree

therabbittree Member

I haven't looked at one myself, but Dealer told me it would be EASY to fab it up. supposedly the center dolly spot is a square hole on a DXT and the other plows are round.. so some welding to make a male square input for the center dolly would be easy.
    Thank You,
    Deo

19. JohnRoscoe

JohnRoscoe Senior Member

If you're moving a plow around inside a shop, a forklift or pallet jack slides nicely under the mounting arms. We've moved ours around this way for years, and even pick them up and set them on pallet racks this way. Big plus if you have multiple plows and don't want to mess with a solution for each one.

20. vmj

vmj Senior Member
    from conn

Don't have either.. LOL im in a small garage, just need to roll of to side. I like taking plow off as soon as I can or when I go out just for sanding...