1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow Dolly/Summer Storage

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by ny518, Mar 30, 2011.

1. ny518

ny518 Junior Member

So winter is over and I need to take my plow off for the summer and would like to store it in my garage but would like to have the ability move it around if I need to. Anyone have any suggestions on how to best accomplish this? I tried a couple of 1000lb dollies from HF and they broke. Also is there anything I need to do to the plow for summer storage? First plow so please excuse the newb questions. The plow is a 8.5 Stainless XV.

Thanks.

2. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

Go borrow a cart from your local Home Depot...I hear they work great!

3. CGM Inc.

CGM Inc. PlowSite Veteran
    from Ontario

There's a thought!

4. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

5. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

I just use HD furniture dollies and they have worked for years. I make them into a v and connect them all with 2x4 with bolts. The plow site on it perfect and I can put it anywhere I need. I would also give the plow a detailed cleaning and check over the whole plow for any stress fractures, warping of bolt holes and cracks. Get some touch up paint and do any areas on the plow that have been scratched down to bare metal. Take the cutting edge off and give it a couple of of coats with rustoleum black paint and check all the cutting edge bolts for damage. By doing this the bolts wont start to rust up over the summer. I leave mine off all summer and put back on come fall. Then once all that is done give everything a good coating of fluid film and put her away for the season. Doing this will keep your plow looking new for years to come.

6. CGM Inc.

CGM Inc. PlowSite Veteran
    from Ontario

Can't beat the price of the HD carts! Unless you get caught :)

7. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

Just bring your enclosed trailer....

8. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

Lots of fluid film!

I had a fancy cart made by a welder years back with heavy duty casters and it works like a dream. However, as plows have multiplied, they've ended up on pallets getting moved around with pallet jacks or the skid steer if it's around.

9. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

Anyone got pictures? I gatta see this.