1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow dolly ? / Boss 8'2" V

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Firesource, May 16, 2003.

1. Firesource

Firesource Junior Member

Well I've finally come to the realization that we probably won't get anymore snow here in Buffalo until October - HA!

I'm looking for suggestions on what members have been using for a Plow Dolly system. I have the Boss 8'2" V-plow, and need to manuveur into/out of a tight garage space in the off season.

Checkout out the "Plow Dolly" product, and it looks nice for $200. Question is, can anyone recommend a reliable, yet less expensive option. I know, I don't want to take chances with a $4K plow - but I also want to be fiscally responsible (as I'm not in the lawn business, this is a tight time of year for me $$ wise).

Thanks in advance for any help!

2. wyldman

wyldman Member

Real cheap solution ? weld or bolt a few old shopping cart wheels to the plow shoes (you don't use them right ?),and bolt one more to the jack pad,or foot.I've also seem guys use old moving dollies too,like the larger ones (3X6 or so).

Another option,but a bit more costly is to buy the proper casters and make your own little dollies to go under the plow.

3. snow_man_48045

snow_man_48045 Senior Member

Furiture dolies work great, picked mine up at Home Depot. I use three two under plow and one under a-frame. Never have a problem! Have a good summer all!:nod: :bluebounc

4. wxmn6

wxmn6 PlowSite.com Addict

wyldman has an excellent idea. I think that a plow dolly made of plow shoe with rigid caster welded on the bottom is a great idea. That way, you can mount the shoe to the bottom of plow, and it should not be able to slip off. Of course, you would have to make something a little different for the jack stand but I would think it should not be too difficult.

5. Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

Keep in mind when making dollies that the larger the wheels the easier it will be to roll.

~Chuck

6. Ohiosnow

Ohiosnow Senior Member
    from Ohio

Firesource

Ckeck out this:

Welding and Fabricating Forum > Built my own Dollies

It works great & very easy to do.:waving: You can roll the plow around with 1 hand plus it makes hooking up a BOSS plow to the truck a snap ;)

7. pbeering

pbeering Senior Member

We had out fabricator make us some heavy casters on an aluminum tray (imagine an aluminum cereal bowl with wheels). This holds the mushrooms so we don't trash the U-edge. We use a light weight hydraulic jack under the a-frame. This allows the whole assembly to be moved around, and also allows the height to be adjusted which greatly speeds hookup.

8. snowplowjay

snowplowjay Banned

Breadmans cart. The dollies the bread guys use to hold the stacks of plastic bread crates.

Jay