1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow doesn't touch ground on one side when angled

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by Plowtoy, Jan 5, 2011.

1. Plowtoy

Plowtoy Senior Member

It doesnt matter what side it is angled to and seems to be around a half an inch off the ground at the ends when it is angled. It is a relitively new 720 plow and still seems tight but it is driving me nuts. I am wondering if my pivot pin is too tight or is this the price you pay for a newer plow? Any ideas would be great. Thanks Dave:confused:

2. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

What is the measurement from the ground to the center of your mounting forks? I'm betting it is 15"+

3. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

What is your pushbeam height? IIRC, 680/720's are supposed to be 10". Does your A frame sit level front to back when the blade is down, straight ahead? Is it your leading edge or trailing edge? If your push beam is too low it'd be your leading edge, if it's too high, it'd be your trailing edge, I'm guessing.

4. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

Looks like we think alike!

5. Plowtoy

Plowtoy Senior Member

I will have to check when i get home tonight, but i think that the A frame is higher on the truck side and lower at the plow side. That would make sense to me, Is there any thing else i can do to make it plow correctly? I put 31s on the truck and timbrens on the front so i wouldnt scrape ground with the lift arm every time i went over a bump in the road. The truck sits level and squats a little with the blade up but rests on the timbrens all the time when the blade is up. Thanks for your quick answers!!!

6. moserjj

moserjj Junior Member

I had the same issue with my 720LT, pushbeam height was about 12 1/2" when it should be around 10 1/2" to the center on the truck. My solution was to replace the cutting edge with a 6" tall 3/8" thick edge (stock edge is 1/4"). I only plow my own driveway so it should last long enough for me. I had thought about making brackets to lower the push beam but it hangs low enough already even if higher than spec

7. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

I learned from the best Blizzard Guys I know, both in PA and MI.

;)