1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow doesnt raise with headlights on

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by mikehinkle, Feb 24, 2011.

1. mikehinkle

mikehinkle Junior Member
    from ohio

Heres a problem Im having.95 Ford F250 Meyers 7.5 plow with e 60 pump. The other day I used the plow and it worked finr for about 3 hours the next morning it would go into default to the left and wont raise. I shut the headlights off and it worked again. Funny it works all day till you turn on the lights. Ive replaced the b and c valves and the coils replaced the motor solenoid and replaced the alternator. I also changed the hydralic quick connects. The touch pad was chasnged to the newwer meyer touch pad with the diode added to the solenoid. Would the battery cause this? Its an older 850 cca and the new alternator is just stock, Are the solenoids different on the pump or is it just a ford solenoid.
  2. racer47

racer47 Senior Member

i would start with battery give a good charge when the plow does that does the truck start up a plow pump takes alot of power mine just had to be replaced 5 years old 100.00 battery
  3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Going to bet the touch pad ground wire (orange wire) is connected to the same area as the headlamps ground, which is the rad support or fender. Repair and/or move the ground and you'll likely discover it's fixed.
  4. mikehinkle

mikehinkle Junior Member
    from ohio

We replaced the battery and it seemed to help but couldnt find anything bigger than 850 cca. I thought about the grounds being to close but we have run the setup for about 4 years with no problem. We had a touchpad from the 90s but recently went to a newwer Meyer touchpad. Im going to move the ground and try that. The diode wire that runs off the motor solenoid is attached to the same fender. Its part of the new touchpad setup. That fender does get really hot. To the point ya dont want to touch it. Very much appreicate both of your inputs on my problem. Was thinking of going dual battery but like I said it worked great for 4 years now.