1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow doesnt move

Discussion in 'Hiniker' started by nathan11507, Feb 7, 2013.

1. nathan11507

nathan11507 Member

Help please i got 2 ft of snow coming went and hooked up the plow to prep for storm and all i get is a click from the solenoid inside the envine compartment. It doesnt lift nor go side to side....just click everytime i use the joystick

2. mikes-plow

mikes-plow Senior Member

start checking for power to everything, i had the same prob not long ago and it was the electric motor. took only half an hour to take it all apart and clean it up works like new now, gl to ya

3. nathan11507

nathan11507 Member

fixed its the ******* plug thats it...i need to get something different cause this one sucks if it aint dead balls perfect then nothing happens or i get just excatly what happened today

4. Eric67ct

Eric67ct Junior Member

I have a C Plow and I was freakin out today since the blizzard is hitting us hard here in CT. I went to my local Hiniker dealer and did the following:

Ordered a new solenoid
    Ordered a emergency repair kit

I replaced the solenoid, it was clicking and lights flashing, Eventually it started to work but the upward lift was going slow. The dealer called me and said to clean all of the battery terminals. There was a service bulletin about this. The corrosion over time really effects the plow's overall performance. I cleaned both batteries on my 2000 F-350 and that did the trick! Ready for the blizzard...

I thought I'd pass on some of my experiences for others to try in case it helps.

-Eric

5. Laszlo Almasi

Laszlo Almasi Senior Member

Read my thread here: http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=112396

My connectors crapped out but after this fix, zero problems at all.