1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow doesn't lift

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by telebofh, Aug 4, 2007.

1. telebofh

telebofh Junior Member
    from MI

Hello everyone. Was doing some routine maintainice getting ready for winter and hooked up my plow and it doesn't lift. When I take the chain off though, the ram will fully extend, any ideas?

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Is the chain to long? Pin hole lined up ?Low oil?

3. telebofh

telebofh Junior Member
    from MI

Chain is not to long. When the slack is gone in the chain, it stops, no matter where I set it, it just wont lift it. Drained and refilled the fluid but that didn't fix it. What do you mean is the pin hole lined up?

Also, the plow was working fine when I finished up with it last winter.

4. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

5. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

What is it? Conventional. Unimount? Ultra Mount?

6. #1 plowtech

#1 plowtech Senior Member

The o-ring under the pump may have blown out. with the chain off it barely requires any pressure to lift the ram. with chain installed it will not build enough pressure becacause its going past the o-ring. Goodluck, PT.:)

7. telebofh

telebofh Junior Member
    from MI

Its a conventional.

I ordered a pressure gauge so I can check the pressure on the pump. Its the only thing that I had left on the troubleshooting guide. I will check into the ring also next time I'm in there.