1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow doesn't give

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by mark24, Dec 5, 2007.

1. mark24

mark24 Member

I have a ridge at the end of my driveway that I need to float over. The plow doesn't seem to be giving away if it hits something. Shouldn't it spring over if it hits something? Now it will slam into the ridge and just stop. I have to raise the plow a little to get over the ridge and then lower it a llittle.

2. 92XT

92XT Senior Member

. It Sounds Like You Havent Tripped In A While.i Usually Post Them Ares And Return W/laborer W/ Shovel.

Shovel.....i Hate That Word.

3. mark24

mark24 Member

How can I fix this?

4. Kenyou

Kenyou Senior Member

I have one spot that does the same thing which is a little ledge of a landscape timber. I come up to it probably too cautiously and until it hits. It trips all the other times though. From reading all the back post the big thing is to make sure the Pivot Pins are not frozen and has plenty of grease in them. Then you need to make sure that the Trip Springs are adjusted right. If it does trip for other things then I haven't a clue. For anything more technical than that, you need to get with the Pros on this site. They really are good.

5. mark24

mark24 Member

Probably the pins then...it doesn't trip on anything.

How shall I go about getting them unfrozen? I sprayed some WD40 on them this morning.

6. Earl W.

Earl W. Member

Heat from a propane torch, hammer (not too hard) and punch on both ends of the pin for a back and forth motion. It seems to me someone has posted somthing similar. Good luck.

7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

I can pretty much guarantee you the pivot pins are froze up as it's a very common problem on the Meyer blades.

Do search here in the Meyer forum and you'll find some reading on the subject.

Use "pivot pins" as your search word.

8. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

what?Pease explain?

9. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

grease worms probably got it ! in other words the pivot pins never get greased and they freeze up .no amount of wd-40 will un stick them .this will probably be a major project ,sometimes heat will make them move ,if they do man you won the lottery !!! otherwise will have to replace them .

10. CARDOCTOR

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

put the edge of the blade against a curb give it some gas see if it folds if it doesnt the pins are frozen

JR