1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow doesn't drop have to hold the down button

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by bsmitty, Nov 21, 2010.

1. bsmitty

bsmitty Member
    from Chicago

Hi

Hope someone can tell me if this is normal or what is wrong. I have an 8.5 unimount Western and have the handheld controller. When I press the down button I have to hold it down for it to lower to the pavement. Once it hits the pavement I continue to hold it and it goes into float mode (light comes on). Should the plow drop just by hitting the down button and letting go? If this is wrong how do I fix it?

Thanks
    Brian

2. MarkEagleUSA

MarkEagleUSA Senior Member

The handheld controller LOWER button has to be held for .75 seconds to activate float mode. Anything less than that and the plow stops when the button is released (if it's not all the way down). You can speed up the blade drop rate by adjusting the quill valve.

3. bsmitty

bsmitty Member
    from Chicago

Thank You for responding. It does exactly what you state but should the plow lower to the ground just but tapping the down button or is it normal to have to hold it for it to lower all the way to the ground. If not it is working properley then.

4. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Sounds like it works properly to me.

5. oakvillerex

oakvillerex Member

It is normal to have to hold the down button for the plow to go all the way down and then into float.

6. Dodge Plow Pwr

Dodge Plow Pwr Senior Member

I have the exact set-up and does the same thing. If you change to the joystick all you have to do is hit the down once and it will drop and float.

7. bsmitty

bsmitty Member
    from Chicago

Thanks for all the input. My last Western plow was the joy stick so that would explain the difference. Again thank you for the input.

Brian