1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow doesn't angle

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by cnj101, Dec 9, 2003.

1. cnj101

cnj101 Junior Member

Not sure what type it is. It's an old school the motor and pump are under the hood. looks like a Barnes style but older. Anyways When I try to angle the plow it goes up and I have to push both left and right angle to get it to go down. I took it apart to check if maybe a wire broke at one of the 4 silinoids but I found nothing. Any ideas?
  2. cnj101

cnj101 Junior Member

oh yeah

When I took it apart there was a pile of gunk in the resivior. Could a possible plugged line be causing this?
  3. cnj101

cnj101 Junior Member

checked all the lines and found nothing but I did find that the left angle ram is froze.
  4. hoot

hoot Senior Member
    from SE Pa.

Re: ok

There's a clue... along with the pile of junk. Hydraulic systems need to be kept clean and dry. (internally) Souns like the plow was neglected.
  5. cnj101

cnj101 Junior Member

no kidding

The whole truck was neglected... lol I put some major money in this thing since I bought it 3 months ago.
  6. cnj101

cnj101 Junior Member

So I took the entire thing apart and put it back togeather again and now it works. I still need a wiring diagram if anyone has one. The nomber I found on the inside of the pump is, MD401 V