1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow does what it wants with fishstick

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Mtnrider, Feb 28, 2010.

1. Mtnrider

Mtnrider Junior Member

My Xtream V Plow does what it wants when i push bottons on it.....I tried another fishstick and does the same thing.....any ideas?

2. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

Check the fuses on the plow. There are a few on the front side as well as the back side.
    You'll need to remove the covers and retaining band to do this.

What is it doing per function, does each response per request stay consistent every time?

3. Mtnrider

Mtnrider Junior Member

Yes if i remember it goes down with scoop...it tries to go up when hitting button....wont wing or left and right

4. RepoMan207

from Maine

Check your fuses, and your connections under the hood as well as at the grill. if none of this works, it may be a good idea to get your plow module tested.

5. Mtnrider

Mtnrider Junior Member

Thanks....I'll try the fuses this am..Hope that fixes it dont need to be buying a module.....

6. Mtnrider

Mtnrider Junior Member

OK Thanks for replying.....It was the top wire on the first sol On the bottem row....Plow is "over Ving" and hitting the box.....some plastic parts came out but all is working oK....I'll deal with it all after the season..

7. RepoMan207

from Maine

Is it still under warranty? Do you have the bump stops on there?

Either way, I'm glad it's atleast up and runnig for you. Welcome to PS.

8. Mtnrider

Mtnrider Junior Member

No mine didn't come with them...I didn't even know they made them till i saw some on another guys plow...and i don't know about the warranty as i bought it in 2007 never payed attention on it...

9. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Ahh, another fantastic install by a Fisher dealer.

10. RepoMan207

from Maine

2COR, they come with both sizes don't they?

I would go back to your dealer an tell them they screwed the pouch, then insist they not only make it right, but fix the damage that it caused. If they won't comply, then call Fisher directly. Customer service should make it right for you.

11. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Definitely. My pump housing is stove up from the short stops, I'm just worn out from fighting with Fisher.

They really stand behind the customer.

So they can kick you in the ass when you least expect it.

12. RepoMan207

from Maine

Lmao....Well put sir.

According to my neighbor (whom assembled all 3 of his), they do come with all 3 sets included. He didn't install them on his Med. duty trucks, but did use the "shorties" on his 2500 HD.

13. Mtnrider

Mtnrider Junior Member

Thanks again for the info...I bought truck New at a Ford Dealer and they had a dealer from Dutchess County Install it.....so i'll call them and see when its daylight....

14. yellowsnow09

yellowsnow09 Junior Member

They come with two stop sizes, a four inch and a six inch. The six inch is preinstalled, in most cases you will want to install the four inch stops that are provided with the headgear kit.

15. Mtnrider

Mtnrider Junior Member

Update: dealer says the 8 foot 6 model X-tream V doesn't come with the stops..."But it shouldn't have done that".. When i explained the whole problem....

16. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

My plow was originally equipped with two inch stops. I have seen several trucks that way.

17. RacingZR

RacingZR Senior Member
    from Maine

I'd like to get my hands on some 2 inch stops. My 9.5 XV came with 4" stops and I know 2" will work or 2" with a 1/2" spacer will work. Dealer only part I assume?? Anyone got some kicking around they don't want??

18. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Just cut an inch and a half off them.

19. Matson Snow

Matson Snow PlowSite.com Addict

Should have bought a BOSS....They are the BEST....:eek:..:nod:..:laughing:

20. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Really? I'll have to check into one of those.