1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow does not turn left or right but motor is running(FISHER 7'6 MM2)

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by crhservices22, Oct 28, 2008.

1. crhservices22

crhservices22 Junior Member
    from eastern

My plow goes up and down fine but from time to time it does not want to go left or right the motor still runs just does not turn. Again sometimes the plow works fine other times im having this problem. Is this an electrical problem? something to do with the harness connectors? Seems like also after its been under pressure it seems to happen. the plow is only 2 years old not sure where to start with this problem any feedback would be great thanks.

2. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

Plugged up plow side solenoids would be my guess...

3. crhservices22

crhservices22 Junior Member
    from eastern

Bad solenoid?

would the plow go up and down fine at all time if it was a bad plow side solenoid? THe guy at fisher parts store told me it wouldnt do anyhting at all. Thanks for your input just trying to narrow this down and get a correct lead thanks. is the solenoid and easy fix?

4. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

There is one solenoid under the hood, i think that's the one the guy at the parts store is thinking of. I'm talking about the three solenoids on the plow pump itself. They are behind the plastic cover on the backside of the pump (what would be closest to the truck). My guess would be that solenoid #2 (the middle one) would be the culprit as the only time it is activated is when angling the blade....the up/down functions use solenoids 1 and 3 in different configurations...

What i would suggest would be to remove the solenoid from the pump (have a catch pan underneith as you'll loose a little fluid) and clean it out...reinstall and then retry. Be careful when reinstalling the final nut on the outside so you don't make it too tight as you are only tightening against plastic.

I hope this makes some sense!! Keep us informed as to how/if it works for you!