1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow does not sit level on ground when angled left

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by CVLG, Feb 17, 2011.

1. CVLG

CVLG Junior Member

I have a meyers C9 snow plow. when i angle it to the right cutting edge sits level on ground. But when i angle it to the left to windrow drivers side of cuuting edge sits 3" of of asphalt. Does anyone know what causes this. Nothing is noticably bent?

2. t-sig

t-sig Senior Member
    from 607

Could be a couple of things. It could be bent, but, I would think you would remember hitting something hard enough to bend it. My uncle bent his a frame and to look at it you couldn't really tell, but, he knew he had hit something very hard. How much time is on the plow? Is the cutting edge worn down uneven. Does the truck sit level? Does the plow sit flat when it isn't angled at all? How far off the ground is your mount? They recommend 10 or 11 inches, if it is way more than that you will start seeing the edge off the ground, but, it would show up angled right or left. I think it will take some measuring on a hard, flat surface to pin point the problem.

3. gene gls

gene gls PlowSite.com Veteran

I have same problem on my chevy and my dealer said the torsion bar needs to be tweeked to level the front of the truck.