1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow does not rise all the way.

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by ridinginstyle, Oct 15, 2011.

1. ridinginstyle

ridinginstyle Junior Member

I bought a truck, this plow setup it a older western setup. It has a fisher pump. Pretty much rigged I suppose. I changed the fluid as well. This plow will only rise about 6 inches. Any thoughs guys. any input would be excellent.

2. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

did you put enough fluid back in, have you re-checked the fluid level An air pocket can reduce the fluid level and lead to low lift height

3. ridinginstyle

Fluid is topped off. You think there could be a air pocket in the system??

4. theplowmeister

from MA

air pocket yes

is the ram going up all the way but not the plow?

5. ridinginstyle

ram only goes up half way, with the chain off the ram will go up all the way. maybe the motor is weak?

6. Yooper75

Yooper75 Senior Member

Did you bleed the air out like you are supposed to? You have to use the angle cylinders to bleed the air out of the system by angleing the plow a few times in both directions.

7. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

sounds like your pump is weak. you can adjust the pressure by turning in the relief valve.

8. theplowmeister

from MA

what do you hear? does the motor run faster with the plow on at the 1/2 way point?