1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow Decals

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by jonw440, Sep 18, 2003.

1. jonw440

jonw440 Senior Member

I just repainted my "older" E47 Meyer. I am looking for the OEM decals.Moldboard, back of moldbaord and the ones that go on the pump and motor) I dont care if the decals are for a current model year. Mine is about 1978-1983 vintage. None of my dealers have them and Meyer hasnt answered my emails. Any ideas?
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2003
  2. BWhite

BWhite Senior Member

You could have a graphics company reproduce them on the QT . I wonder why Meyers is to busy to answer email .

PINEISLAND1 PlowSite.com Veteran

You want them to say BOSS, right ...:D
  4. wxmn6

wxmn6 PlowSite.com Addict

I guess this is a good example of what they are. Cheap and unreliable. :D Just kidding ya. ;)
  5. windmill

windmill Senior Member

Try e-mailing Meyer again and telling them that although you would still like to have there decals you have already recieved some from "insert name" ( a lower quality plow manufacturer) and will probably place those on the plow. :D It might catch their attention.
  6. BWhite

BWhite Senior Member

If you put the Fisher splash on a Meyers Plow I wonder what Fisher would say about that ????
  7. windmill

windmill Senior Member

Now I don't want to start a fight, but if Fisher thinks that Meyer is a better plow they might like it because it stands up so well. If it's worse they might get upset.:)
  8. KenP

KenP Senior Member

I wouldn't be one bit surprised if Meyer is too busy. Repairing all the screwed up parts and pumps, like the pump that failed on one of my trucks the second outing last year!!!:gunsfiring:
  9. speedracer241

speedracer241 Senior Member

I emailed Western last year about decals. I got an email the next day asking what model I had.
    All I wanted was 1 nice looking decal for the face of the plow. What I got was a complete decal kit:eek: I got all the decals that go on the whole setup.

Now thats customer service, baby.
    Mark K

ps This summer I also got a customer survey from Western. I had to fill it out to get a free hat.
  10. jonw440

jonw440 Senior Member

I just got off the phone and "Claudia" (at Meyer HQ) and she is sending me a COMPLETE decal kit!!!:bluebounc
    FOR FREE!!!
    I will take some pictures when I put them on.
  11. Roger Dodger

Roger Dodger Senior Member
    from nw Pa.

You see that ink blot for my avatar? I hand painted that on my blade after a fresh coat of yellow. Yeah, some of us just might have too much time on our hands.... then again, some of us like an artists touch! So, as a way of gathering up some spare cash, send me your Fisher moldboards and I'll get busy with my artist's brush and black epoxy paint!!;)
  12. John Allin

John Allin PlowSite.com Addict

I don't know how much of a threat that would be, to use decals from a "lower quality plow manufacturer" than Meyers.......

Are there any ???
  13. windmill

windmill Senior Member

I think I saw some on ebay . . .