1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow Dealership

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by G-LSCPE, Jan 27, 2006.

1. G-LSCPE

G-LSCPE Junior Member

I am looking for some info on opening a Fisher Dealership. Is there anyone here that may currently be a dealership who could offer up some info. Thanks
  2. salopez

salopez Senior Member

Have you called fisher yet?
    Do you have a piece of commercial property? How about a retail sales license? Do you have a client base, as you will need to garuntee a certain number of purchases annually.

Just some questions you are going to need the answer to open a shop.
  3. G-LSCPE

G-LSCPE Junior Member

We do have multiple commercial locations that could be used, and also have sales licenses that they could be sold under. I attempted to contact them over the summer with no luck. The odd thing is that the municipalities around here as well as the larger construction companies all use Fisher blades, but yet the closest dealer is over an hour away.
  4. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping Senior Member
    from Maine

Sounds like a good opportunity, I would definatly try contacting them again.
  5. crazymike

crazymike Senior Member
    from Toronto

The municipality more than likely gets them direct from fisher as they would order a large number and stock their own parts.
  6. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

Fisher generally picks there dealerships. You can certainly contact them, but as said you need to have a market (sounds as if you may), location and capital (you will need to not only order plows but parts as well).
  7. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

They probably get them from who ever won the state contract. They also probably stock their own parts and buy from the state pool. Fisher might have training schools for the shop people

Figure a minimum $60,000 in yearly purchases to become a direct dealer. most factory's want a minimum of 20 units for decent pricing, then there's mounts, wiring and parts.payup

Not trying to discourage you,. Have you tried contacting the Fisher dealer "an hour away" about becoming a sub-dealer? They would probably sell to you at a discount if you could show you were not just looking for a good deal on a couple plows.:rolleyes:
  8. G-LSCPE

G-LSCPE Junior Member

I appreciate your help!! However if doesn't snow anytime soon... the plow business is probably a bad venture from my current business!!