1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow cutting bar??

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by jvm81, Jan 26, 2012.

1. jvm81

jvm81 Senior Member
    from Midwest

I was hoping to hold off on tires for the truck but we just put new tires on for the rest of the season. While we were at it, we decided to turn up the t-bars - raised the truck about 2 iniches. This is a 2007 chevy HD - I always thought it sat lower than the rest of our trucks. Well now that we did snow here the other day - were missing alot of areas of snow - is it worth turning the t-bars down or replace the plows cutting bar? Right now i would say it is 50%

2. elecblu

elecblu Member

Is this a ''v'' plow ? Did you adjust the pushbar height (i think 15.5 inches to mounting pins) after changing tires and tbars adjustments? How much wear is on the cutting edges?

3. Earthscapes

Earthscapes Senior Member
    from WNY

Even if your edge is completely worn down to the blade it should still not miss spots. You raised your pushbeam with the t-bar cranks, you need to get it back to specs.

4. jvm81

jvm81 Senior Member
    from Midwest

Need to get it back to specs? I called BOSS on it and they said they remember placing that plow but they normally raise the t-bars - which they did on my other trucks but after sending them pictures, they figured they forgot. So now with new tires again, raised t-bars, things are not scraping as well. They want $600 for new edge's.

5. Earthscapes

Earthscapes Senior Member
    from WNY

Specs-- Pushbeam on truck, (where the pins go in) need to be a certain height for either a V or straight. I can't recall exactly but its like 15.5 to 16.5" or something close.

Trust me I know how much edges are, I had to replace all 3 this season, plus 2 sets of Boss wing edges.