1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow creeps down

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by RhinoL&L, Dec 9, 2007.

1. RhinoL&L

RhinoL&L Senior Member

when i was out on friday i noticed my plow would creep down when i was going to different jobs, it is too slow to see it actually move down but i have to tap the up button every few minutes to keep the plow up. any ideas on what it could be? how to fix it?
    Thanks for the help!

2. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

Sounds like a bad coil. The coil with the black wire is the one you need to replace :)

3. RhinoL&L

RhinoL&L Senior Member

ok ill check into that. i knew you would know ron. lol

4. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

If that is not it, then it will either be the top cap seal or the packing cup inside

5. Clapper&Company

from NE OHIO

Tom is right, but 9 or of 10 times it will be the coil

6. RhinoL&L

RhinoL&L Senior Member

man you guys are smart... i wish i knew all about these things like you guys

7. Clapper&Company

from NE OHIO

Years and years of plowing and wenching my young grass hopper!!

We dont like paying to have our stuff work on..

8. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

It is all about that note taking Shawn!!!! And in field experience!!:nod:

9. Clapper&Company

from NE OHIO

Yea, field experience!! and note taking will get alot. I read alot of B&B's post also.

Tom where you been taking notes at?

10. RhinoL&L

RhinoL&L Senior Member

yeah tom.... ron says you are the worlds best note taker!

I dont like to pay for someone else to fix my stuff either but i dont have the know how... yet. i better get out the notebook and pencil!

11. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Not the coil, the valve under it is what you want to replace (or you can try cleaning the old one first).......

And like the other guys said, the packing cup at the bottom of the lift ram or the O-ring at the bottom of the cylinder bore will allow them to leak down also...

I'm sure you guy's did in fact mean the valve, but Rhino might not realize that if he's not familar with the Meyer stuff..:)

12. Clapper&Company

from NE OHIO

Mike, yea yea. Thats What we were talking about :/

13. sachilles

sachilles Junior Member

I've developed(or just noticed) this same issue.
    Would it cause the blade to not hold its angle as well?

I just barely got the damn thing to angle both ways...and I don't think there is air in there, but there might be.
    I have an e-47.
    I raise it up, and over the course of two minutes the plow will almost drop all the way. Doesn't seem to want to hold its angle if a decent amount of pressure is resisting against it.
    I don't remember it having this issue a couple of days ago. However, I've been running it a lot to try "bleed" out air...but I think it turned out to be a coupler that wouldn't flow fluid, rather than air in the system. I don't really know for sure. I changed out the coupler, and it started angling both ways.

Things were much easier with my old manual angle plow jeep....ok, maybe not easier....but less complicated.