1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow Cover

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by danno, Jan 5, 2005.

1. danno

danno Senior Member

Does FISHER or any other company make a full cover ? I think FISHER only makes one for the headgear. If not, what size tarp, or another type of cover, like a motorcycle or ATV cover ?

2. foyboy41

foyboy41 Member

tarp

i use a 8x10 green poly tarp to cover my fisher 8 ft plow with the nice fisher foil on it plus i use those gator clips they work great to keep the tarp on with that size tarp i can cover the whole plow even the a-frame no ropes to un-tie just pull the clips and away you go works great.........

3. RidgeCon

RidgeCon Senior Member

Yup, that is what we use to....the new and improved blue tarp is what we go for :)

4. sir spaniourd

sir spaniourd Senior Member

Do you guys have any picture to show how you cover it?. I recently bought the biggest motorcycle cover i found, but it doesn't cover the whole plow, just the headgear

5. harley hauler

harley hauler Senior Member

Fisher does make a cover that goes over your headgear, down to the push frame it's like 150 payup. I believe Tucks trucks in Hudson sells them?

6. danno

danno Senior Member

I`ve heard of that. Not spending 150.00 for a cover though. To bad the motorcycle cover won`t fit, because it`s probably breathable, which is what you would want.

7. scuba875

scuba875 Senior Member

You can get the larger tarps at Farm & Fleet or Granger. Granger is going to be very expensive. I would think that Tractor Supply would have them to but I have not been to one. We got them to hang from the across a wire to separate the bays in the shop. I think the biggest ones I found at F&F were 30X20.

8. danno

danno Senior Member

I know all about tarps, have a large one on my plow. Just wish there was a more "form fitting" kind that has elastic on the bottom and breathable. A motorcycle type would be perfect.

9. akayii

akayii Junior Member

I know Curtis makes full covers for all their size plows. You can buy them on their web site.

10. scuba875

scuba875 Senior Member

Oh sorry Danno, For some reason I thought you were looking for a large tarp. Call a canvas company and give them the dimensions.

Here are a few that make covers for tilt a whirl cars, bumper cars ect. They will make anything you want.

Waterloo tent & Tarp Comp. http://www.waterlootent.com/

Anchor Industries http://www.anchorinc.com/

If they can't help you then let me know and I will give you a few more.

11. danno

danno Senior Member

Thanks SCUBA875, I`ll call them. BTW, do you go diving ?

12. streetsurfin'

streetsurfin' Senior Member

Since danno asked, I'll go ahead and ask what I was wondering. Did you happen to work for Dacor there in Northbrook?

13. scuba875

scuba875 Senior Member

Yes I do dive can't get enough of it.

No I don't work for them. I repair and install amusement rides. Most of the work I do is for carnivals but I do some work for ride manufactures and amusement parks.

14. Wolfies L&L

Wolfies L&L Member

Theres one in my boss's office for our new fisher. It's still in the package though. I'll look on it next time I'm up there to see if it fits just onto the mounting gear or the whole plow setup.

Jason

15. danno

danno Senior Member

Yeah, let me know. That would be great !

16. sir spaniourd

yeah, I am also interested. I tried to cover the plow with the biggest motorcycle cover I could find and it was too small.

17. sir spaniourd

CTH,
    Did you have the chance to check that plow cover? Does it fit?

18. Wolfies L&L

Wolfies L&L Member

LOL sorry for the late response guys-I checked it out last week and never remembered to post it.

I tried the cover and it only fits on the mounting gear. I'm gonna try to look around and see if anyone has a full size 9' cover.

Ill let ya'll know what I come up with!

Jason

19. danno

danno Senior Member

Keep us posted.