1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow corner raising on angle

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by MoparPlowJockey, Feb 3, 2011.

1. MoparPlowJockey

MoparPlowJockey Member
    from Indiana

At the end of last plow season I put heavier springs on the front of my 2001 Ram 1500 that raised the front of the truck 2 inches. This year when I plow and angle the plow extreme left or right the far edge raises up a couple of inches. This keeps me from getting a clean cut on the surface. If I ease the plow back a little it will drop the edge. I have checked for binding and a bent A-frame and everything appears to be fine. Any ideas what could be causing this?
  2. jmassi

jmassi Senior Member

Raising the front of your truck 2 inches. By doing that, you end up raising the back of the a frame so that now the a frame is no longer parallel to the ground.
  3. MoparPlowJockey

MoparPlowJockey Member
    from Indiana

Does anyone make extensions for the mount? If not I guess I will get fabricating. Thanks for your help.
  4. jb1390

jb1390 Senior Member

Depending on your setup (headgear mounted to truck or plow?) it might be a lot easier to modify the a frame with extended supports. That would keep your ground clearance maximized in the summer. It really depends on what setup you have whether that would be possible.