1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow conversion

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by EXR, Aug 22, 2009.

1. EXR

EXR Senior Member

I want to mount my MVP Ultra to my 07 GMC dmax crew cab (new body). The plow came off my old 2000 GMC 2500 new body 6L. I heard the frames are the same on the new truck..I know it wont be an exact fit and the local dealer told me to buy a mount which I don't want to do. Rather just get the old one fab'd.(ive had ford mounts fab'd for gm trucks before and its been fine).
    Any idea on how much work this will be?

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

If you currently do have the first design mount (67981-1 vs. the current 67981-2) you'd be far better off to just purchase the second design mount kit and bolt it on. Because to modify the old one will take considerable work since the second design mount is longer overall in an effort to get the plow away from the bumper. Until you completely hacked the old mount apart (which you would need to do to get it where you need it) you'd have nothing left.

You'll need a headlight harness update too...

3. EXR

EXR Senior Member

Really...thats great..didn't want to spend the $500 on the mount.
    Guess I'll sell my mount.

4. Western1

Western1 Senior Member
    from MI.

I have the mount you need brand new or a nice used one if you are interested send me a PM. I can save you 100 off that for the new.

5. EXR

EXR Senior Member

No thanks..I want to get something within Ontario

6. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

A new Ultramount bracket set shouldn't be $500. The receivers are the same, so you won't need those.

7. EXR

EXR Senior Member

thats what I was quoted...I'm in Canada thou.

8. #1 plowtech

#1 plowtech Senior Member

I will ship you a new one including frt for less than 499.00:)