1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow conversion help

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by all ferris, Nov 29, 2008.

1. all ferris

all ferris Senior Member

I converted a pro plow ultramount for a buddy and I can't get the hand held controler to work. The plow came off a 02 2500HD chevy and we put it on a NBS 07 2500HD. Started off with 4 port iso and quickly figured out that the light connectors were not the same. So we called the western dealer and he told us we needed the 3 port kit (29400-1). We went and got that kit and everything went smooth then. After we got all the wiring buttoned up we hooked the plow up and all the lights and turn signals work perfect. However, there is no power to the handheld controller. I know we have a good switched 12v source. All fuses are good. The controller is good because we tried it in my truck. All the wiring is new except for the controller wiring. The 29400-1 came with an adapter to use the old controller wire with the 3 port. All grounds are good. If I use some of the old wiring along with the controller wire we using and hook it up to the old 4 port system the plow functions normally (no lights though). Any ideas on whats wrong? The truck is not here now and at the time we were working in it I did not have real good wiring schematics. I have since down loaded the schematics off Westerns site and I will have to go over it again tomorrow. Any ideas? Did the idiot at the dealer give us the wrong part?

2. all ferris

all ferris Senior Member

I figured it out. Seems the people at Western had the wrong letter on 2 wiring harness. We switched them around and everything is good. It only took us 4 hours to figure out - Thanks Western:realmad: