1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow controls not responding

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by waynor, Dec 28, 2008.

1. waynor

waynor Junior Member

Hello,

Last night I started up my truck and tried to lift the plow but the controls weren't responding, I heard no noise from the hydraulics and the lights on the plow controller dimmed and blinked out... This morning I tried again and I the hydraulics made a short noise and seemed about to start lifting the plow but then the controls went dead again... I opened up the control box and all the wires appear to be fine..

Is their a way for me to jumper the plow into at least lifting so I can drive my truck somewhere to get it looked at?

I had this happen a few years ago and I can't for the life of me remember what a friend of mine did to get the plow to lift..

The snow plow is made by "Artic"

2. mycirus

mycirus Senior Member
    from Mass

Check your connections in the front of your truck. Look for any green corrosion and make sure they are making good contact.

3. waynor

waynor Junior Member

Connections appear to be fine... Any other options ?

4. waynor

waynor Junior Member

I'm not saying I didn't miss anything I just seem to remember the last time this happened a few years back a friend of mine came over with a piece of wire and used it to jump something so the plow would lift... Just need to get the truck to someone who knows what their doing which is hard to do with the plow on the ground :)

5. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

jack it up with a floor jack and adjust the chain higher. or push it up into a snowbank and short chain. jump the large posts on your solenoid with a LARGE wire.

6. waynor

waynor Junior Member

thanks for all your help guys!