1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow controls in door panel

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by wyldman, Oct 10, 2003.

1. wyldman

wyldman Member

Posting this for Wilburn Parks as he was having trouble with the pics.

As per his e-mail request : For the people who like left handed controls I made this hook-up with a meyers slick stick and a home made wiring harness. I have it hooked up to 2 Blizzards and 1 Boss plow and the original controls still work. Of course this doesn't control the wings on the Blizzards. This mount is in a Ford so I don't know if this will work in a chevy or Dodge. All I did was drill hole in plastic then on the backside you have to cut some ribbing in the plastic panel. Ran the wiring with the stock harness in door. Any questions please ask away and I will try to answer them. Thanks wyldman if you can do this or even not thanks for trying.
  2. wyldman

wyldman Member

Cannot seem to post pics,getting FTP errors.Will try again later.
  3. BWhite

BWhite Senior Member

FTP errors

I am having the same problem
  4. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

Chris, 4 push button switches and your in business for the wings. Superduty door panel as a summer spare might be a thought too. Been setting up some for die hard fisher guys to run this winter. You can also put rockers in below the window switches.

5. wyldman

wyldman Member

Now that the errors are fixed.I'll post his pic on tues morning when I get back in the office.
  6. wyldman

wyldman Member

Here is the pic I edited for him.
  7. wyldman

wyldman Member

Door panel controls.

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

what a great idea

im going to have to look at the door panel on my dodge

9. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

looks nice, I welded my slick stick mounting tab to the door itself and it wasnt quite right, that is real slick
  10. LandscapeEscape77

LandscapeEscape77 COPPA Member

looks like a good idea...less stuff to worry about breaking off etc......just becareful how you lay your arm down otherwise you will be unlocking your doors and rolling your windows up and down for the entire storm:dizzy:
  11. sno-mover

sno-mover Senior Member

Thats pretty cool:cool:
  12. Santo

Santo Banned

I think that would be a safety issue , too close to window controls.

13. Bighammer

Bighammer Member

I'm interested in doing something similar. I don't have a plow controller and hope that I can buy the parts to do something like that. Where did the "stick" come from? Not sure what I need to ask for:confused:

I have manual windows (remember cranks? :D ) so I have a lot of room for plow switches. If I can't find a stick reasonably, I might do a pair of momentary double throw rocker switches or something like that.
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2003
  14. wyldman

wyldman Member

The stick is just an off the shelf slik stick from Meyer.
  15. Wilburn Parks

Wilburn Parks PlowSite.com Veteran

The switch is made by Meyers and I think it is called a slick stick. Don't buy the wiring harness with it because it won't fit under the panel. You have to make your own with wire and female push-ons.
  16. flatbed

flatbed Member

do you have a power shut of on it any were??the controls for my blazer are on the center console wear the cup holder was.....if i lay my arm just rite it will drop the blade...not good at 40 mph on the highway
  17. Wilburn Parks

I have mine wired into my blizzard control box so it still works so when I turn it off no power to the door switch either, and I never have had any problem with my hand hitting window switches.
  18. Santo

Santo Banned

I smell a voided warranty if it still exists .But if , for some odd reason need the blizz to be serviced , which I doubt , I'd do a quick swap back to the o.e.m. part.
  19. Wilburn Parks

I still have stock box mounted on flip down center arm rest, so I can still use wings on plow. I also have switch hooked up to boss plow on F-650. I just like left hand controls. The guy who drives that truck usually likes them on the right. I really don't see why this would void warranty but their both old enough to be out of warrant any ways.
  20. Santo

Santo Banned

Day 1) Dealer installs plow
    Day2)You install different control module other than O.E.M..
    Day3)Plow does not work.
    Day4)Return truck to dealer with your switch module still intact for diagnosis.

Day 4)Warranty is voided.