1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow controls in 99 & up superdutys

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by kc2006, Sep 6, 2008.

1. kc2006

kc2006 Senior Member

How are you guys mounting your plow controls in the 99 and up super dutys? Trying to figure where to put the control in the 99 i just got. In my 96 i had it on the dash, and i could rest my arm on the center console and touch the controler. But it looks like the dash is too far away and no room to put it on the new one. I though about making a stand for it (this is a meyer touch pad), so the stand would put the controler off to the side of the column shift and so i can still rest my arm on the console and reach it.

Thoughts? Pics? Lemme know what you got

2. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

Kurt, get the pads with the long cord, and you can sit it on your leg

3. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

My friends western unimount joystick is to the left of the wheel pretty close to the switch for the lights. Its mounted on a small metal plate attached to the dash. I've never ran the plow in that truck so I don't know if you can rest your arm on the door and reach the control or if you have to just hold your arm out and run it.

My boss had the handheld remote for his boss v in his 06 f350, could have the control anywhere in the cab, quite nice. If you can get a wired remote that doesn't have to be attached to something that's the way to go.

4. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

heres a link to a thread i started not to long ago and got some good ideas/responses, i have a 2000 f-350 and made a bracket to be held down by the center console to mount my joystick to, i prefer it over the handheld.

http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=62632

5. krazeehorse

krazeehorse Member

I cut a block of wood (started with a 2 x 6) to fit in the small open compartment between the steering column and heater controls. Then I mounted my control box bracket to face of that board. It is wedge fit in there and has never moved on me in 4 or 5 years.