1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow controller won't work

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by EHoward19, Jan 22, 2016.

1. EHoward19

EHoward19 Junior Member
    from Boston

Hey guys I have a Fisher plow controller 8292 the joystick box. It will function up and to the right perfectly fine. But when I try to go down or to the left, it gets jammed up. Does anybody have any experiences like this? If so how did you fix it? It seems like an easy fix, just not sure what it may be exactly. Any help is appreciated

2. Sounds like you've got a stuck cartridge on the plow. Probably S2 but hopefully someone else will chime in and help. Give us some info on the plow please. MM1 or MM2? 2 plug or 3 plug?

3. EHoward19

EHoward19 Junior Member
    from Boston

It is not the plow, I have a few other controllers and the plow works fine with a different controller. I have tried to swap parts out but for some reason it appears that the board is the problem. Even when the controller isn't plugged in, and you move the joystick down it doesn't click like it should. It feels almost like it is jammed or something.

I have tried using a different spring, handle and shell. But it hasn't fixed the issue.

4. Too Stroked

Too Stroked Senior Member

We've had the same thing happen to a couple of our trucks with similar controllers. We just ship them off to Fran (E-mail: repairs1@ptd.net) and he makes them just like new for a very reasonable cost. BTW, he's in Glen Spey, NY so he's not all that far away too.

5. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

6. EHoward19

EHoward19 Junior Member
    from Boston