1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow Controller mount

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by ACFarmer, Jan 19, 2012.

1. ACFarmer

ACFarmer Junior Member

Just got done mounting my plow on my 02 Ford F-250. When I had this plow mounted on my Dodge the controller hung off the door but it was a standard. The ford is an auto so I would rather hang the controller on the right. Where have you guys mounted yours? I have an 08 center console if that makes a difference.

2. pooleo8

pooleo8 Senior Member

well, I have a ranger. But this might give you an idea. I used the contractor case of my nextel phone and mounted it to the dash. I turned the male end 180* so it can just slide in and out. My truck is a manual.

[​IMG]

3. ACFarmer

ACFarmer Junior Member

I dont have a handheld controller though, thats my problem. Its the joystick so I actually have to mount it somewhere.

4. pooleo8

pooleo8 Senior Member

how bout post pics of your dash and your controller! :)

5. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

I always mount mine right where the 4wd switch should be if I had switch My trucks are on the floor I have F350s

6. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

Mount it on a Stand bolt it to the floor seen some people do that mine are hand controls

7. Tony350

Tony350 Senior Member

Get a piece of wood or metal that fits in the cup holder of the center counsel. Then use double sided velcro and put the controller on the wood or metal. This way you don't have to reach out to the dash each time you have to move the plow. It will be right were you rest your arm on the console.