1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow controller doesn't work

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by to_buy, Nov 30, 2014.

1. to_buy

to_buy Senior Member

My friend has a fisher v plow with the fleet flex. he said when he went to plug the plow in he heard the truck module click and now the controller won,t light up. I checked all the powers and grounds, I have power into the module on the truck but not on the output wire.
    Sound like something familiar to anyone?
    Thank For your help

2. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

Assuming it's a three port module, there's two ten amp fuses in a common holder which are broken out of the lighting harness near where it plugs into positions B and C on the isolation module. One of them is the controller fuse. I'd start there.

3. to_buy

to_buy Senior Member

I checked and got a schematic off fishers site. 12 volts from that fuse into the module nothing coming out. I hate the Fleet Flex, why leave a module out in the weather.

4. cubicinches

Well, they're all that way, not just Fleet-Flex. Technically it's all weather-pack connectors, and under the hood of the truck isn't exactly "out in the weather".

Do you have 12V at the red wire coming out of the control harness near the controller plug?

5. to_buy

to_buy Senior Member

no and the schematic show it comes from the module. Now what caused the module to go bad

6. cubicinches

That wire should be connected to a key switched 12V source. I wouldn't condemn the module yet. They go bad less than once in a blue moon... like once in every ten blue moons.