1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow control pics

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by nisntruckin1365, Nov 8, 2005.

1. nisntruckin1365

nisntruckin1365 Junior Member

Im loking for some ideas on where to mount the plow controls in my 250 5 speed
    i was thinking about fabbing up a mount for the shifter. ne one else have this kindof set up? can you post up pics of what works for you.
  2. PerfiCut L&L

PerfiCut L&L Senior Member

I made one out of mdf and fiberglassed it. Took 2 days. One to build, one to bondo and paint. Works great. Im probably going to make one for my new F250, but will put a little more time and effort into it for a better finished product.

You can see it here

MIAWPUKEK Senior Member

4. Scott R

Scott R Member

My 2 cents

When you mount it, keep it on your left side, it's much faster for lifting your blade and shifting into reverse at the same time.payup payup payup

JPMAKO Senior Member

6. big blue 2500

big blue 2500 Junior Member

Plow Controls

Here is my 2 cents worth. It works for me.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2005

MIAWPUKEK Senior Member

Here's mine.....left hand is on the spinner on my steering wheel, right arm rests on the console and hand goes from gear shift to plow control without moving my arm.

plow control.jpg
  8. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

ok i have no pics but in my truck i have the same one as big blue my brothers truck the 98 has the miawpuket one and the 91 has a western cable joystick
  9. Donny O.

Donny O. Senior Member

here is the mount on our 85 chevy. as someone else said nice to shift and work the plow at the same time. havne't figured out how i'm gonna use the controler with the buttons(no joystick) for my new western on my jeep.

MIAWPUKEK Senior Member

:D :D But if you got one hand on the joystick, and one hand on the gear shift, whats holding on to the steering wheel!?!?!?!?!:D :D
  11. Donny O.

Donny O. Senior Member

when your shifting from forward to reverse and need to raise the plow your stopped anyway. then when you are angling or dropping the plow your either stopped and shifting from reverse to drive, or if your already moving you put your right hand back on the wheel. :drinkup:
  12. Scott R

Scott R Member

My controle set up

I run a Vickers vane pump driven off a belt under the hood, pushes the juice in and out of this two spool valve and back to the tank :D
    The cool thing about a more traditional Hyd. set up is the power you get.
    I've been stuck with my front wheels over into the ditch, I hit my power angle, and push myself back out.

13. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

now an't that bitchen. :drinkup:

I like that set up. (kinda like mine, but mine are cable controls ran back to the control valves.) Full hydraulic my favorite. :nod: I hate electric pumps or electric controls.
  14. Scott R

Scott R Member

I feel the same way, I've had the same battery and Alt. in my truck for 12 years. No electric issues. Granteed, I've never had abattery last that long in anything I own, don't know why this one has been such a trooper. ?:D
  15. Scott R

Scott R Member

More controls ??

Well, part of the controle system. This is my Vickers Vane pump that pushes juice to the valve body. 14 yrs. old. No maintenance cost so far. :D

Last edited: Nov 15, 2005
  16. Scott R

Scott R Member

Another shot

17. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

What is the gpm rating of that pump?
  18. Scott R

Scott R Member

6.0 GPM, has an internal flow control valve that brings it down to 4.5 GPM when it hits 1500 RPM @ 100 psi, which the pump is always above 100 psi.

I modified the flow control (shimmed the spring) so it has most all of the flow (6.0 gpm) no matter what the rpm.
    At idle, the blade pops off the ground to the top of the ram right now.

I put a gage on it a few years ago, I was running 1,500-1,600 PSI

These pumps are easy to work on if needed, you can also reverse the rotation by just flipping over the ring inside. handy :salute:
  19. DugHD

DugHD Senior Member
    from Maine

looks like your doing one heck of a nice job on restoring that truck. :nod: