1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow control install pics 03 dodge 2500 quad sb

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by CNY Plow, Sep 14, 2007.

1. CNY Plow

CNY Plow Senior Member

dodge doesn't leave a lot of room for mounting controls and one panel mounts to another panel to another to another.... you have to keep checking before drilling and cutting. [low speed drill and don't let it run away from you - a dremel helps with some of the fine trim work]

I had to put an additional bend in the plow control bracket so it would fit my reach/angle - I also cut it down in length (I'm not using the light switch in this location). I torched the chrome plating off and heated it to make the bend - re-painted it - put the decal on and mounted it. make sure you check before drilling the holes for the bolts I placed my left bolt to the left of the mounting clip on the back of the under-dash panel and trimmed off the excess bolt.

Quite a few panels to remove to get to the instrument panel for the light switch mounting. I wish I had the switch for the top light when I did this - now I'll have to remove everything again. This is where the dremel came in handy - removing the ribs on the backside of this location.

I'll resize some other pic's to meet this format and post them later.

IM000765a.JPG