1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow control help

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by snowplowpro, Dec 4, 2010.

1. snowplowpro

snowplowpro Senior Member
    from NJ

Hey guys quik question were is the fuse or fuses on the western hand held plow controler and were do you get the fuse from.

2. snowplowpro

from NJ

and after i turn it on it goes off automatically why would it do this

3. 33yearsinsnow

33yearsinsnow Senior Member
    from ohio

There are no fuses inside the handheld controller itself however it should be fused eather inline or at the fusebox of the truck. If it is shutting down right away I would say you have a loose wire or a short in one of the harness's.

4. snowplowpro

from NJ

thank you very much for your helppurplebou

5. snowplowpro

from NJ

plastic cracking around wire on controller

one other question i was looking at my handheld and the plastic wrap around the wire is cracking away anyone else have this problem.:rolleyes:

6. 33yearsinsnow

33yearsinsnow Senior Member
    from ohio

That could be where your short is at, you may want to look into replacing the cord

7. snowplowpro

from NJ

were would i get the cords from i dont think the western dealers sell them at least by my area they dont i never asked but maybe i will call tommorow and see but if anybody knows were to get one let me know i will buy two if possible i have two controlers.:confused: