1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow contractor is a no show

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by nms0219, Jan 15, 2009.

1. nms0219

nms0219 Senior Member

2. affekonig

affekonig Senior Member

There are some serious POS people out there. Gotta hope that what goes around comes around.

3. nms0219

nms0219 Senior Member

Best part is that he does this every year and most of the people resign with him. He's got something like 400 driveways at $225. Tries to do them all with with an old 85 chevy truck. He shows up maybe 2 days after the storm :dizzy: (if your lucky) to plow you out. Talk about some pissed off people :realmad: All he is doing is making it harder for us reputable company's to make it.

4. MattR

MattR Senior Member

I understand there are idiots out there that do not hold up their own side of the contracts, but one thing I read there made me wonder a bit about the ones who hired him. One guy had this happen to him last year and then rehired him for this year? Seems to me that maybe he got in the way of the plow last year and got hit in the head with it, knocked any common sense he may have had right out of his brain. Makes me wonder how many of those are repeat customers based on his low prices.

Matt

5. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

people are cheap

6. artic429

artic429 Senior Member

Yeah Im not going to bat for this A-hole but with 400 ish driveways, dont you think the word of mouth would go around and like said before, how many are repeats from last year? 225 bucks would make me find this guy somewhere. Civil court wasnt doing the trick,have to go with "The Peoples Court" and get the problem resolved quicker.:gunsfiring:

7. nms0219

nms0219 Senior Member

Ya most are repeat customers:dizzy: or referals. People love the low price hate the no show. Just goes to show you their are alot of idiots

8. Dstosh

Dstosh Senior Member

400x225=90,000 Holy Crap. Imagine if he actually showed up.

9. nms0219

nms0219 Senior Member

needs a few more trucks than the one. I would do it with 5 trucks with 7.5' blades and back box blades.

10. Dstosh

Dstosh Senior Member

Yea those would do the trick.

11. I'm not backing this idiot up but....

What do these people really expect for $225???? You know that old saying "If the deal seems too good to be true it probably is....."

They went cheap, they got cheap...

12. Lencodude

Lencodude Senior Member

Last edited: Jan 17, 2009
  13. Lencodude

Lencodude Senior Member

I always get some people asking me to do their driveways for half the going price, and that their old snowplow guy only charge the this low price. I smile and ask them where is your guy now. Out of business!!!!!!!!!!! This is my price and if you don't like it call the fly by nighters that will take your money and run. I tell them I am a registered plow contracor with the city and I have to pay truck and liability insurance and my city tag. So I am not cheap!

14. Turbodiesel

Turbodiesel Senior Member

you could say the pos :rolleyes:keep us in business.

15. nms0219

nms0219 Senior Member

The town of amherst gave him a permit this year after all the complaints last year. As long as you pay your permit fee and have the proper insurance on your truck they will give you one.

16. Lencodude

Lencodude Senior Member

If that guy tried it here they are very strict and will take him to court and revoke his tag and if he tries to start his con business in a different name the city will go after him and have him arrested. Unfortunately your city officials are lacking the experience in dealing with con's Show them My attachment and google it for more info on that snowplow guy to see what the city, police and his cutommers did to him. They might realize as city officials they can also have the power to protect their citizens from con's.