1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow constantly losing fluid

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by oldmankent, Jan 17, 2009.

1. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

My older 25 series constantly loses fluid through the filler cap. It gets below the level it should be at. When I got the plow (used) the threads on the top were screwed up and they still are, but the top is tight. Is it possible this is causing the problem, or is the fluid just coming through the vents? Drives me nuts. Thanks, Nick.

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Pull the tank and clean all your filters. flush it and refill with a premium plow fluid.

3. kramer56

kramer56 Senior Member

Mine is doing the same thing and its the new Mega blade. take a 3/8" mpt pvc fitting and screw it in the tank. cut a piece of pvc about 2-4" and put a 3/8" fpt fitting on top of that and screw your cap back on to that. Fill your tank to full line and be on your way. That idea came Bucher( they bought Monarch) on my plow it will keep the fluid shooting at the cap he said.

4. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

I had the plow serviced by the dealer at beginning of the season. Why would clean filters prevent fluid from blowing out the top? I can't extend the top too much because of the cover. I know it is an open system, but can I just plug the top or is that a no no?

5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

The pull the tank thing is the deal. I'm thinking your return tube is screwed up some how. It should be facing down and have a screen on the end of it. Clean your in tank filters while it's apart. Plugging the top is a:nono: