1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow compatibility

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by mstino, Sep 26, 2015.

1. mstino

mstino Junior Member

Okay so I'm buying my first plow. I'm new to all this so bear with me. I currently own a 1997 ford f150 XLT. I am planning on purchasing the plow off of this:

It looks to be in decent shape when I saw it in person, not much rust etc. He is giving me the entire setup (blade, lights, harness, wiring, joystick, push plates, etc) for 700 dollars. My question is, its on an 1990 f450. Is it gonna fit my truck? Do I need new push plates? I don't know much about it other then it's a fisher plow. Based on what I've seen 700 bucks is cheap. What am I in for after buying it?
  2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

You would need new mounting. Might need to see if you can find it first before you buy it.
    And I'm ASSUMING it's an 87'6 which is way time heavy for your truck.

DIRISHMAN PlowSite Veteran

jeff so explain to me what a 87.6 plow is.......
  4. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Well b/c he's is Boston, I was using the centimeters measurements. Hehehe

DIRISHMAN PlowSite Veteran

nice if thats the case then he can put like 4 of them to gether and still not be over weight hahahahaha