1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow clearance from ground

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by aceventura2225, Oct 24, 2008.

1. aceventura2225

aceventura2225 Junior Member

I have a 1985 chevy k30 pickup. Its military and rated 5/4 ton. My dad and i made a custom mount for my 6.5 ft western plow. i was wondering the normal distance from the bottom of the bottom mount to the ground. mine seems close to the ground. thanks.
  2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Bottom pin hole should be 9.5 to 10.5 inches from ground to center of pin hole.

Hate to tell you this but the 6.5 is way to small for that truck. Your going to end up driving through your windrows even with the blade straight along with the fact that the truck is to heavy for a Sport Utility blade.
  3. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

If you can find another 6.5 blade and weld them together you'll do fine. Otherwise, you need a smaller truck. Next town over has one of those with a 9 foot Fisher they have been plowing the roads with for years.

Oughta be able to find an old conventional 8 footer for cheap. And you will need mucho ballast, you've got 4:56 gears with a locker, it will want to spin if empty.