1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow choices

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by ChipsEarthWorks, Jul 20, 2004.

1. ChipsEarthWorks

ChipsEarthWorks Senior Member
    from CT

Hey All i am in the process of upgrading my plow and my question is this. What plow would you guys pick out of this list that I narrowed it down to. It is a toss up between a boss 8ft v, or a bilzzard 810 the are both close to me and both have good service and there prices are about the same my question is what is the better plow opinons are requested this is a pretty important desicon so any help wolud be great :help:
  2. ratlover

ratlover PlowSite.com Addict
    from IL

Never used a blizzard although they look very interesting and people that have em seem to love em. I dont like the Boss V blades for one reason, its a full trip and it has a habbit of not tripping depending on how your blade is angled. If you by a boss v expect lotsa coffe to end up going down your vents and all over your dash. Good plow other than that though. I bought a fisher V for my new truck because i wanted the damn thing to always trip regardless of my position. I like it quite a bit. I would look at a fisher or western V or a blizzard and skip over the boss JMO. Cant give a real answer since i have never used a blizzard but I will strongly consider one for my next purchase.