1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow choices

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by Cmars, Nov 2, 2011.

1. Cmars

Cmars Junior Member
    from maine

I've been looking at Fisher, Boss, and Blizzard Plows. Is there a difference in quality, or is it just personal preference? I went cheap on my last plow, and it is now rusting in my yard with a bent blade and fried electrical. What are some things I should be looking for?

I've done the searches here but can't seem to find the answers to these questions....

Driving a Chevy K1500 1998 on a 0.25 mile dirt driveway.

2. 06Sierra

06Sierra PlowSite.com Addict
    from Maine

Those are all decent brands. It comes down to personal preference and what you have for local dealers/ parts access.

3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

See what happens when you buy a Blizzard. Go boss v plow.

4. Plowman52

Plowman52 Senior Member
    from Flint

i personaly use boss and meyers plows.....

but it all comes down to what you can afford and the dealer support you have!

grandveiw is right on the boss in my eyes and they make a sweet 7.5 v plow for half ton trucks

5. stainlessman

stainlessman Member

I bought a new '94 F-150 , had the dealer install a 7 1/2' Fisher minute mount steel plow with steel snow foil , plowed my driveway(480'), my sisters(200') and my parents driveway for 17 yrs, in that time I replaced three pump belts, and one seal packing on the cylinder ram. Period. I don't think you can beat Fisher.