1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow choices ?? 2000 F350 CC PSD ??

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by dunbar15, Oct 1, 2006.

1. dunbar15

dunbar15 Junior Member

Hello , I have a 2000 F350 crew cab with the 7.3L diesel short bed, I'm told that because of the diesel motor, which weighs alot you cant put a heavy plow on this truck, I only want to do my driveway which is like 350 ft, any suggestions for a light economical plow,unfortunately price is a consideration.. I dont want one of those plows you have to
    lift manually, want to be able to adjust it from the cab.
    Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.. Thanks

2. Rbronkema psfd

Rbronkema psfd Member

Hey I would go with a Boss 7'6'' standard duty poly straight blade. It will only weigh about 650 pounds and will be perfect if you are just doing your driveway. Plus you could do others too and make some extra cash to pay for it. I have never heard of anyone not putting a bigger plow on there trucks because they have a bigger motor in them. People do it all the time. But if you just wont to do your deiveway then I think that this will best fi your needs. Hope this helps.

Ryan

3. Fordistough

Fordistough Senior Member
    from USA

If it has Single Rear Wheels= Fisher 8 foot HD

If it has Dual Rear Wheels=Fisher 9 foot HD

4. jcesar

jcesar Senior Member
    from Mi

Talk to your local sales guys. See what is available in your price range. If you are not going to plow anything but your own and maybe the neighbor, Then you dont need a commercial grade plow. Get a western , or boss straight blade. New cost is around 4k to 5 k depending on where what and when

5. sbrennan007

sbrennan007 Senior Member

I had a 2000 F350 SuperCab Diesel DRW and had a 9'0" Western Pro Plow on it.

Wouldn't have had anything different. Your truck is more than capable of having this plow. If anything, you may want to get some Timbrens for the front to assist while carrying the plow.