1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow chattering/cavitating when going up

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by nor'easter1, Jan 8, 2015.

1. nor'easter1

nor'easter1 Senior Member

Not sure if chattering is the right word. I run 2008 8'6" xblade straight blade on f350. Plow runs great overall. Angling left or right no issue. When lifting or going up it chatters at like the last 4 or 5" of lift. No huge noise but you feel some cavitation. Checked fluid, checked and cleaned cartridges, cleaned connection plugs added new dialectic, lift chain all in good shape. Any thoughts??I'm not mechanically inclined enough to pull the pump apart but if that is the issue I would take it to a pro. Suggestions appreciated boys!!!!!

2. NHresident

NHresident Senior Member

if the lift cylinder compresses as it should then yea good chance its the pump it should be at minimum 1750 psi IF u have a gauge u can un screw the lift cylinder hose where it goes into the cylinder and put the gauge on there OR take it to the fisher dealer and they can do it for u in 10-15 minutes

Last edited: Jan 8, 2015